Paripoorna Wood / Cold Pressed sesame Oil
Produced via Cold Press of Wood Press method in order to maintain low temperature. Used the traditional contraptions called ‘ghani’. Ghani is a long cylindrical chamber made from wood, with a pestle in the centre. Oil seeds are poured into it and are gradually crushed by the rotating pestle till the oil comes out through the outlet at the base.
Why Cold Pressed Sesame Oil?
- When Oils are heated, their molecular structure is compromised, creating carcinogenic free radicals. Oils that are heated, when ingested, can contribute to cardiovascular disease and difficulty of the blood to efficiently transport oxygen due to arteriosclerosis.
- Ingestion of heated oils can also contribute to acne and foul body odour.
- Truly cold pressed oils will maintain their nutrient profile, their fats will remain uncorrupted, they taste amazing and they last long, as the oils have not been heated so are less likely to go rancid quickly.
Benefits of Sesame Oil:
- Hair Benefits: Sesame seed oil is full of the nutrients needed for a healthy scalp and hair.
- Prevents Cancer: Sesame seeds contain anti-cancer compounds including phytic acid, magnesium, and phytosterols. Sesame seeds have the highest phytosterol content of all seeds and nuts.
- Relieves Arthritis: The high copper content in sesame seeds prevents and relieves arthritis, and strengthens bones, joints and blood vessels.
- Protects Your Liver from Alcohol: Sesame helps protect you from alcohol’s impact on your liver, helping you maintain healthy liver function.
- Prevents Wrinkles: Sesame seed oil prevents harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun from damaging your skin, preventing the appearance of wrinkles and pigmentation.
- Good for Oral Health: Oil pulling has been used for oral health for thousands of years in Ayurveda to reduce dental plaque, whiten your teeth, and boost Oral health.
- Good for Respiratory Health: The magnesium in sesame seeds helps prevent respiratory disorders by preventing airway spasm and asthma.
- Helps Prevent Diabetes: Sesame seeds contain magnesium and other nutrients. Sesame oil has been shown to prevent diabetes, and it can also improve plasma glucose in hypersensitive diabetics.
- Reduces Blood Pressure: Sesame oil lowers blood pressure in diabetics. Sesame seeds are full of magnesium – a key nutrient known to help lower blood pressure.